We’re hiring freelance writers!
If you’re looking to be published and want some extra money, we are offering the opportunity to write stories for our new publication, The Prague Resident. Written in English, The Prague Resident is published monthly and focuses on the interests and lifestyle of expats and their families.
Past writers for The Prague Visitor have interviewed Czech icons such as artist David Černý and celebrity chef Zdeněk Pohlreich. There will also be opportunities to explore and write about some of Prague’s exciting exhibitions, museums and events, and visit some of Prague’s newest and trendiest restaurants.
This is a freelance position. If chosen, you’ll have the chance to add a little more to your monthly take-home by writing about the people, places and events that make up Prague’s unique culture.
This is a freelance job. While there may be short deadlines on occasion, we try to give our writers anywhere from 3-4 weeks to complete a story. Most stories range from 750-1500 words, and we pay very competitively. This job is for experienced writers, and writing samples are mandatory upon application.
- Advanced level in English (reading/writing).
- Ability to meet strict deadline.
- Creative and able to communicate a message within a restricted number of words.
- Experience with writing and understanding of basic journalistic principles.
- Self-directed, motivated and resourceful.
- Familiarity with Word and Google Docs.
- Right to work as a freelance employee in CZ.
If you think this position is perfect for you, please email writing samples and tell us a little bit about yourself!